Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Goings On

So... a few things have happened since I wrote last.
1) We moved.
2) We bought a house.
3) We started being a significant part of the discipling of a group of teenagers. (This is mostly Kev, I suppose.)
4) We have to worry about curtains, furniture, paying our own cell phone bills and other strange, adult-like things.
5) I stopped working. (Which is more of a non-adult thing...)
6) And we got Dish Network. (Yay!)

Not working has been a bit weird. I'm going to try a bit harder to fight the dish network vortex than I have the past week. (Those who know me know that I'm a movieholic. There should be support groups. That's all I'm gonna say.)

I have made a pact with myself to be a friend. Well, really to make friends and be a friend as well. It was not the easiest situation for making friends while working where and how I had been working - but this is no excuse for how little I let myself get out of the apartment and spend time with people. So, I want to spend time with people here.

I guess this is sort of an ode to the book I'm reading - "How to Win Friends and Influence People." HA! Just kidding... (Doesn't that title kinda creep you out?) The book I'm really reading is "Same Kind of Different as Me." Kev bought it for us to read and it so very good so far. (I need to trust Kev's book taste more often... I'm kind of a book taste snob.) It has tons to say about spending time with people and being a true friend. Check it out, yo!

No comments: